- This event has passed.
Jan 10th, 2020: “Breaking the Ice of Nice™” at the Gulf Coast Chapter of Women Leading Government 2020 Leadership Conference
January 10, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm UTC+0
Want to be a more effective leader? If yes, please join us for an in depth focus on “Breaking the Ice of Nice™”, a day-long Leadership Conference for the Gulf Coast Chapter of Women Leading Government on January 10th, 2020, at the Stafford Center in Stafford, Texas.
Breaking the Ice of Nice™ includes:
- An opportunity for attendees to get to know each other better and have fun (create joy) in a face-to-face environment.
- Building a container of safety to encourage participants to share wants, needs, opportunities, and obstacles openly.
- An overview and exercise on our own unique Calls to Courage (individual and group).
- Procession to a significant awareness increase on effective communication and feedback using “Breaking the Ice of Nice™” around concepts in Dare to Lead™. Participants will use their own Calls to Courage to determine stakeholders for their calls, consider steps to make their calls a reality, and simulate taking that first step (most likely a communication with someone else.)
- A review of feedback from various perspectives: why it’s difficult to give, why it’s difficult to get, what type of feedback culture we want, what type of feedback culture we have, and tips for giving/receiving feedback and a simple feedback model. Participants will have an opportunity to practice giving feedback to each other during the conference.