Laurie Hall – a certified facilitator, certified coach and seasoned speaker – founded New Horizon Strategies in 2011
to inspire sustainable change in the professional world.
Today, Laurie facilitates programs and events to help companies, government agencies and professional associations achieve the highest possible levels of effectiveness.
Topics for facilitated programs and events include Operational Excellence, Culture of Innovation, Change Management, Organizational Development, Strategic Planning, Process Improvement, Project Management, Leadership Development, Team Building, and Daring LeadershipTM.
In addition, Laurie provides executive, career and business coaching for individuals and groups to help people achieve their vision, goals and desires. By applying Socratic questioning, she enables clients to seek their own answers. She has coached clients from Fortune 500 companies in the U.S. and around the world: Australia, Malaysia, Canada, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, The Netherlands, Honduras and Great Britain.
A frequent keynote and breakout session speaker on technical and motivational topics to inspire personal and professional growth, Laurie has presented at dozens of conferences and professional meetings to small and large groups of 350+ people.
Laurie is trained to conduct various personality assessments and holds many other certifications, applying both every day in her work as a facilitator and coach:
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Advanced Certified Executive and Personal Coach, College of Executive Coaching
- Certified Lean Six Sigma (L6S) Black Belt (BB) Process Improvement Facilitator
- Certified Emotional Intelligence (EQ-i 2.0) and 360 Degree Assessment Consultant
- Certified Hogan Assessment Consultant
- Certified Cultural Transformation Tool Consultant through the Barrett Values Centre
- Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator
- Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI) Practitioner
- Certified Personalysis® Assessment Consultant
- Certified Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) Sustainability Practitioner
- Certified Facilitator, Career Path Development, NASA
Experience and Recognition
Laurie brings a unique perspective to her facilitation and coaching work since she spent the first part of her career in project- and system-level engineering and management, facilitation and organizational development to support human life in space and operational excellence on the ground. Her work effected change at NASA’s Johnson Space Center, Lockheed Martin, Jacobs Sverdrup and Schlumberger-Dowell. For Johnson Space Center alone, Laurie facilitated more than 20 process improvement events.
Her accolades and awards acknowledge her ability to lead organizations and teams in making sustainable changes and improvements:
- Power of One Silver Certificate (for leading significant organizational development accomplishments of the sustainability program, NASA’s Johnson Space Center)
- NASA Award (for mentoring Johnson Space Center employees)
- Exemplary Achievement (Human Exploration Framework Team [HEFT] facilitation)
- Director’s Innovation Team Award (for Johnson Space Center process improvement events)
- Engineering Directorate’s On-the-Spot Monetary Award (for Johnson Space Center process improvement events)
- Recognition, Engineering and Sciences Contract Group Management (Jacobs Sverdrup)
- NASA Group Achievement Award
Education, Continuing Education and Training
A lifelong learner, Laurie holds these educational credentials:
- Master of Science, Technical Management
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Bachelor of Science, Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Specialization: Bioprocess Engineering
Kansas State University
- 128-hour ICF Accredited Coach Training Program Certificate Program (Advanced Certified Personal and Executive Coach)
College of Executive Coaching
- Kepner-Tregoe Project Management Training
- Certificate of Completion, Space Studies Program
International Space University, Barcelona, Spain
- NASA Leadership Development Programs